- The purpose of this Data Protection Policy ("Policy") is to outline our key legal obligations regarding the collection, storage and use of personal data obtained via our website (www.careerline.com) and any future mobile application (together the "Website"). Please read this Policy carefully before using the Website.
- All personal data in our control is managed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (UK) ("the Act") and the Data Protection Principles in Schedule 1 of the Act ("Principles").
- We hope that this Policy will help you make informed decisions about sharing your personal data with us, and ensure that our processing of personal information is sufficiently transparent.
- This Policy takes effect from the time it is uploaded to the Website. We reserve the right to amend this Policy at any time.
2. Who are we and what do we do?
- Workammo Global Limited ("we", "us", "our" or "CareerLine") is a leading provider of international human resource management and career development services. This Policy applies to CareerLine, each related entity of CareerLine, including any wholly-owned subsidiary of CareerLine, any holding company of CareerLine, any other subsidiary of such holding company, and any company in which CareerLine has a shareholding interest (together, "CareerLine Group").
- CareerLine helps individuals to manage and progress their career aspirations. We do this by providing software and business solutions tailored to improve human resource management.
3. What sort of data do we collect and why do we collect it?
- When you submit information from which your identity can be ascertained, you are providing us with personal data under the Act. Typically, this information will include your name, contact details, education and work history and the contents of any statements or referee material that you submit. From time to time we may also collect sensitive data when it is relevant to the services being provided to you by the CareerLine Group (such as details relating to trade union memberships). By providing personal data and/or sensitive data to the CareerLine Group, you consent to the CareerLine Group collecting, storing, using and processing such data in accordance with this Policy.
- This personal data is collected and stored in a database maintained and managed by the CareerLine Group.
- The primary purpose of collection is to enable CareerLine to provide to you, and to enable you to access, CareerLine’s services. For example, personal information collected about an individual will enable CareerLine to submit that individual for a particular job, or suggest training programs that may assist the individual to achieve career goals.
- When you use CareerLine or when you contact our technical support team, we may also collect personal data for training and product review and improvement purposes.
4. How do we store your personal data securely?
- Your personal data is stored on a number of secure electronic storage servers both in and outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA"). We have taken a number of steps within our organisation to protect against personal data loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use appropriate security technology to ensure that your data is transmitted safely to us through the internet or other electronic means. Security measures that we use may include:
- (a)storing personal data in a fragmented form;
- (b)encrypting user access details such as user names and passwords;
- (c)utilising third party security systems; and
- (d)technological protection measures to limit the ability of third parties to crawl data; and
- (e)Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to protect any credit card or other payment information you provide.
- CareerLine Group employees and sub-contractors who provide services to the CareerLine Group who have access to your personal data are bound by confidentiality not to disclose your personal data.
- Furthermore, we take appropriate contractual and operational steps to ensure that the server host has limited access to your personal data, and that any sub-contractors are bound to comply with the Act and Principles.
- CareerLine is committed to improving its security measures and developing a comprehensive security management system.
5. Who does CareerLine disclose your personal data to?
- Under the Act and the Principles we are only permitted to disclose your personal data in a manner consistent with the purpose for which it was acquired from you.
- Where you apply for a job using CareerLine we may disclose your personal data to third party service providers who assist us in the delivery of our services.
- Aside from disclosures within the CareerLine Group and to third party service providers, your personal data will not be disclosed to any additional third parties.
6. Transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area ("EEA")
- Where a third party service provider or an electronic storage server is located outside of the EEA we may be required to transfer your personal data outside of the EEA. By using the Website, you consent to the disclosure of personal data outside of the EEA, where necessary to facilitate the delivery of CareerLine’s services.
7. What happens if you do not provide the personal data?
- If you do not consent to us collecting, storing, using and processing your personal data we will be unable to provide you with our services. Please direct any concerns you may have about your personal data to the Data Protection Officer as per section 10.
8. What are your rights regarding access to your personal data?
- Under the Act you are entitled to access your personal data held by us so that you can determine its relevance and accuracy.
- Where personal data has been processed by a third party, you are also entitled to a description of the personal data processed by that third party and the purpose for which they were processing your personal data.
- If you wish to make a complaint against us for a breach of the Act or Principles, you can raise the complaint with our Data Protection Officer who will endeavour to respond to you within a reasonable period.
9. Internet cookies
- In addition to collecting personal data from you through the Website, we also use "cookies" to collect data from your computer or other device to assist your use of the Website and to improve the functionality of our services.
- A "cookie" is a small file stored on your computer, tablet, mobile or other device ("device") which allows certain information to be "remembered" by your web browser. Cookies generally allow your computer to recall and move through websites faster and easier. "Sessional cookies" are used for retaining user information for the duration of a website browsing session. "Persistent cookies" are used to retain information for repeat future uses of a website.
- Cookies are able to identify your device and your history of use of the Website.
- It is possible for you to set your web-browser to refuse to accept cookies; however, this may diminish the performance of the Website.
10. How to contact us
- If you wish to access and/or correct your personal data, or if you wish to make a complaint regarding a breach of the Act or Principles, please contact us at email@example.com.
We reserve the right to verify your identity before responding to your request.